The Enneagram: Test Your Personality
This is the Enneagram, a self-development tool which categorizes us all into one of nine different personality types. The numbers around the perimeter represent each personality type and the lines between them explain how they interact with each other. Many people study the Enneagram to gain spiritual understanding and self-knowledge.
Which Type Are You?
Take our quiz to find out which type you are, and you can begin to use the Enneagram as a tool for personal growth. Choose as many answers from each section that apply to you and count the amount of answers you get for each number.
Question 1: It's your birthday party. Do you...
- Do a lot of research to find the best party planner, best wine and best caterer in town, then refuse to tell anyone who you used? (5)
- Decide exactly what is going to happen when, type up a timetable and schedule, and stick to it rigidly? (1) (6)
- Enjoy yourself to the fullest without inhibitions? (7)
- Decide on a party that reflects an interest of yours and insist that everyone give it a go? (8)
- Spend the whole time helping serve the snacks and cocktails and taking everyone's coats, and end up the last to leave after the clean-up? (2)
- Go along with what everyone else wants you to do for the party and enjoy it well enough? (9)
- Have a great time planning the party but when it comes around feel like you just want to be alone? (4)
- Decide to throw the biggest and most logistically complicated party your circle has ever seen, and invest a great deal of time and energy making sure it's just right? (3) (1)
- Throw a curveball and decide to have a totally out-there party that everyone will remember for years to come? (4) (7)
- Decide not to have a party. You've got a huge assignment to prepare for and just can't afford to take the time off. (3)
- Worry so much about every detail that the party begins to feel like a burden? (6)
Question 2: Your family decides to go on holiday. Do you...
- Research every holiday website and pick the best hotels in your pre-set price range according to your stringent assessment of the reviews? (1) (5)
- Decide you want to see the 'real' side of your destination, and book in at a local guesthouse while your family stay in an all-inclusive hotel? (4)
- Research that it's not hurricane season and check the crime rate of a proposed destination before you even consider it? (6)
- Pick where you want to go and argue your case with everyone? (8)
- Research all the crazy experiences you can have first, then pick the hotel second? (7)
- Put forward a suggestion you have but happily go along with someone else's suggestion? (9)
- Pick a hotel with very good reviews and design a day-to-day intinerary that offers a good range of experiences? (1)
- Book a holiday on a whim without researching it first? (6)
- Ask everyone else where they want to go and type up packing lists for everyone? (2)
- Find an unbeatable deal at an upscale hotel and brag to everyone you know about the great rate you got? Then take lots of pictures and brag some more when you get back? (3)
Question 3: If you could pick any career, would you be...
- Career is not important to me (9)
- Accountant (1)
- Life coach (3)
- Engineer (5)
- Photographer (7)
- Politician (8)
- Secretary (6)
- Pyschotherapist (4)
- Teacher (2)
- Computer Programmer (1)
- Astronomer (5)
- Travel-writer (7)
- Sales director (8)
- Lawyer (1)
- Security Guard (6)
- Restaurant Owner (8)
- Writer (4)
- Entertainer (3)
- Comedian (7)
- Firefighter (2)
- Health and Safety Officer (6)
- Musician (9)
- Artist (4)
- Stay at Home Parent (2)
- Animal carer (9)
- Physicist (5)
- Salesperson (3)
Count how many answers you got for each number. The number with the most answers that fit you could be your Enneagram type.
Type 1 - The Reformer
Places a great deal of value on morals, standards, and doing things in the right way. Has a tendency to be judgmental and critical.
Type 2 - The Helper
Always wants to assist others and often forgets their own needs as is so selfless. Has a tendency to feel used by others.
Type 3 - The Achiever
Loves to work hard, make great achievements and do their best in life. Has a tendency to be very competitive.
Type 4 - The Individualist
Places a lot of importance on identity and their own uniqueness and individuality. Has a tendency to get depressed.
Type 5 - The Investigator
Loves to discover and learn about new things and be the most well-informed person. Has a tendency to get lost in knowledge and forget the outside world.
Type 6 - The Loyalist
Enjoys organizing, risk-minimizing and putting things in order. Has a tendency to worry.
Type 7 - The Enthusiast
Enjoys new experiences and wants to get the most out of life. Has a tendency to be restless and find it hard to settle down.
Type 8 - The Challenger
Takes bold decisions and fights for what they believe in. Has a tendency to be too pushy and alienate people.
Type 9 - The Peacemaker
Is laid-back and fairly content in whatever situation they find themselves in. Has a tendency to lack self-assertion.
It is important that you decide for yourself which type you best fit in to. One test can provide an idea of your personality, but no one knows you better than yourself, friends and family. It is a good idea to read around different types in more detail to find your best fit.
But once we have found our type, it doesn't stop there. We can use the Enneagam to find self-development advice that best fits us.
- Iman Mohiki
Get the #1
STOP Depression & Anxiety
Get the #1
Meditation Program On Earth
Long Distance Friendships
Venus & Mars: Men & Women
How to Leave Your Dead End Job
Discover Your Multiple Intelligences
Depression: Just Take Advil & Aleve?
Can Meditation Help With Anxiety & Depression?
Get the #1