Stop Feeling Self-Conscious
Do you know why you feel self-conscious? Some people worry about their appearance. Others think about smarts, status or funds. You need to get to the root of your feelings for self-consciousness and realize why you are so concerned about external opinions. This article will teach you how to find ways to decrease your feelings of self-consciousness. Start to live again!
Pinpoint Your Self-Consciousness
1. Identify what you are self-conscious about. Is it your accent, or a certain feature in your appearance? Do you have a disability or eye twitch? Make a list of all the things that make you feel self-conscious. Beside each one, write what you can do to make yourself feel less self-conscious in relation to each one.
2. Who are you trying to please and why? What expectations are making you feel self-conscious?
Do you dream of a world with perfection? Do you perceive yourself as “imperfect”? Only in fairy tales is a world perfect with no blemishes.
1. Consider if you would harshly judge others. Don’t say something about yourself if you wouldn’t say it about your best friend. Be your own best friend by:
2. You are yourself. Accept your personality, the way you are, your humor, your looks, your mistakes and, most important, yourself. If you like your vulgar sense of humor, then don’t worry about who doesn’t like it. Only change if you really want to. Take responsibility for your interests, mistakes and your actions, regardless of whether they are good or bad. For example, if you have anxiety, accept it and try to fix it.
3. Send your attention in a different direction.
4. When you’re feeling self-conscious, locate an object and concentrate on it. It doesn’t matter if it’s a bug crawling around. Think to yourself, what color is the bug? How many legs does it have? Think about anything to distract yourself.
5. Challenge yourself and push yourself. Do something that makes you feel excited and confident when you are feeling anxiety.
6. Instead of feeling anxious and nervous, use those feelings and thoughts to do something scary or stupid instead. Our irrational insecurities make us feel uncomfortable and jammed, which is why we feel self-conscious. The trick is to do something scary or stupid immediately when this happens, like dancing in front of everyone or doing a push up. Think about what you value more between what others think about you and your inner peace.
7. Make fun of yourself. This is a witty and humble way to acknowledge that you don’t care and you aren’t perfect. Laugh at how clumsy you are, or crack a joke.
8. Don’t worry about your self-conscious triggers. Note how you are feeling, whether you are observing them or experiencing them and don’t let them get you down.
Work from the Inside
Understand your self-worth and replace your worries with your achievements, goals and progress.
Be completely truthful and overall, work on changing you from the inside out! You deserve to be your best person. Regardless how others look at you, accept yourself. Don’t think about what others are thinking about you. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people. This is not anyone else’s life, but yours!
STOP Depression and Anxiety
with the #1 most powerful Meditation Programs available on the web. Click Here to get your free sample.
STOP Depression & Anxiety
Get the #1
Long Distance Friendships
Venus & Mars: Men & Women
How to Leave Your Dead End Job
Discover Your Multiple Intelligences
Bring Your Sexual Passion To The Bedroom
Stress Relief & Relaxation Techniques
Depression: Just Take Advil & Aleve?
Can Meditation Help With Anxiety & Depression?
Can Meditation Treat Anxiety and Depression Better Than Meds?
Tapping into Your Spirituality Can Ease Your Stress
Reducing Your Stress: Finding Peace and Relaxation Through Meditation
MDMA (Ecstacy): A New Treatment for Depression and PTSD
Meditation for Anxiety
Mindfulness Meditation & Cognitive Therapy for Depression
Meditation is Not Enough: A Buddhist Perspective
Magic Mushrooms: Effective For Treating Depression?
The 4 Pillars of Emotional Intelligence
STOP Depression & Anxiety . . . Click for the #1
Free Meditation Program