Nurture Social Wellness in Your Life
Firstly, if you are looking into personal development, personality type, or psychological state management, you need to take a look at our free MP3 designed to 'tune' your brainwaves. To get it, click here.
People must communicate and interact with others. Social wellness will allow you the capacity to socialize, function normally and be confident with other people. Anti-social behavior, which causes the inability to socialize is the result of lacking social wellness.
So, what exactly is social wellness?
It is the connections and relationships you have with other people. It refers to the ability to build relationships and maintain them, manage emotions and feelings and develop intimacy with friends and family.
Social wellness is a key element in your life. A socially adjusted person is capable of offering support, making friends and becoming a productive society member. Social wellness encourages people to make contribution and focus on the needs of others in order to share and maximize life experiences.
Social Wellness Indications
Social Wellness is measured with certain standards such as:
· Ability to build relationships and nurture them
· Ability to care and empathize
· Positive interaction and relationships with other individuals
· Ability to socialize and function in social situations
· Ability and willingness to accept others care and attention
Factors that determine your social wellness state are:
· Your relationships quality
· The intention to give time for family, acquaintances and friends
· The enjoyment that comes out of spending time with others
· Your willingness to explore and learn information about other people
If you are missing any of these factors in your life, you should start to carefully consider what you need to do to address this concern and take proper steps to make this part of your life better.
Creating Social Wellness
Since life is a process that will evolve continuously, nobody has the perfect life. In terms of happiness and satisfaction, people can perceive it. Some very important steps to create social wellness are:
1. Know what your needs are. Everyone’s needs are unique. Some might find that something irrelevant to them might be very important to someone else and vice versa. Don’t feel pressure to perform in something that you do not care about or enjoy. Instead, learn how to identify what your needs are.
2. Reach out for help. The first step to create social wellness is to offer friendship to people. It will be very hard for you to find productive relationships. Consider joining clubs and groups that focus on interests of your liking. Consider travel and volunteer work that may present possibilities for you.
3. You choose your relationships! Certain relationships can really take a toll on people. Sometimes, experiences come from abusive partners, insincere friends or an overbearing relative. The problem is that all of these situations can cause you to not be socially functional or can cause unnecessary stress on your state of emotion. Lean to build relationships that are healthy and stay in them. Involve people that you care about and cares for you and your well-being in return. Generally, these people will offer your support and nurture when you need it. Social wellness relies on two vital ingredients to make you feel satisfied and safe, trust and compassion.
4. Don’t feel the pressure of conformity. This can be rather tricky because in the society that we live in, conformity is required. However, this doesn’t mean you have to change yourself and be a person you are not. Everyone is different! In fact, pressuring yourself to conform will negatively affect you.
5. Learn to effectively communicate. Hiding your thoughts and feelings will not allow you to communicate effectively. Social wellness relies on being able to communicate because you can’t initiate relationships if you can’t communicate. You can have an abundance of social wellness if you work on it constantly!
Wellness does matter!
It is crucial to maintain an optimal wellness level to live a good quality of life. Everything emotion we feel and everything we do relates to our well-being. Well-being affects our emotions and actions directly. It really is an ongoing circle! It is crucial for everyone to achieve wellness in order to reduce illness risk, subdue stress and ensure interactions positively.
Social wellness helps you to comfortably and effectively socialize and create a network of support. Not only are you encouraging peer relationship developments, but also romantic and intimate relationships. If you are engaging in social wellness and its process, you can see the value of living in harmony and you seek interdependent and positive relationships with others.