How To Overcome Your Sense Of Fear
1. Awareness: You must know that you are causing your life a havoc before you can start to overcome fear. It is too easy sometimes to become closely attached to your feelings and thoughts that you actually believe they are all that exist, however, this isn’t true at all.
2. Identity: Know exactly what your fear is and get specific. Look at the situation in your head and picture exactly what is happening in them and what you are really afraid of. Observe your inner space.
3. Curiosity: Curiosity might have killed the cat, but it certainly won’t harm you when you are investigating your fears. Think about what thoughts specifically generate the fear, where you feel it and how you react. Again, observe what is going happening.
4. Now: What is it that you are lacking at this very moment? When you center yourself in the present moment, you realize that everything is how it is and you accept it. It can be as simple as taking a breath and feeling your body when you tap into “now”.
5. EFT: EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques. Simple and extremely powerful, when you use EFT, you tap meridian points on your body with your fingertips while thinking of your fears and it alleviates it, as well as sometimes alleviates it forever.
6. Sedona Method: The Sedona method is another simple way to conquer fear. This method consists of focusing on your fear while asking yourself a few questions. It is very simple and it really works!
7. The Work: Very similar to the Sedona method, The Work asks questions and is a great way to deal with anxieties, fears and worries.
8. Hypnosis: Hypnosis allows you to program the good thoughts into your mind and get rid of the negative beliefs. It might work for you, but doesn’t work for everyone.
9. Gratitude: Switch fear to what you are grateful for. For example, if public speaking scares you, be grateful for the people who are there to genuinely listening to what you have to say and also for the opportunity to communicate with many people.
10. Journaling: Trying to think fears through doesn’t work, so writing them down on paper is very important. Your life will be miserable if you don’t do this because the negativity will only lead you further down the wrong path.
11. Talk: Don’t throw a pity party, but talking really does help. How often do you hold the negative thoughts in because you are unaware of how people may react?
12. Therapy: Therapy can be very beneficial and sometimes life-changing if you can find a good one. It can be very difficult to find the right one for you, but follow your heart and choose someone who empowers you.
13. NLP: NLP stands for Neuro-Linguistic Programming. You can learn how your mind actually works this NLP is one of the most powerful to eliminate fears, phobias and other emotional issues.
14. Life Coach: A good life coach can help you distinguish where your fears come from and what you really want in life. It can be quite scary speaking to a life coach, but very helpful to really determine what you want and what has been stopping you.
15. Read: You can learn how to get rid of fears by reading books on your specific fears. Motivational and Inspirational topics are also very helpful.
16. Take Action: Fears are created from your mind creating imaginative ideas that make you think they are actually real. Take action and face your fears so they become weaker and you will realize it was not reality, just your imagination.
17. Watch: Watch a documentary or a movie; it can be just a delightful and enlightening as reading a good book. Sometimes distracting yourself from your fear is a good way to deal with it.
18. Diet: The food that you consume has a dramatic impact on your feelings. Stick to a clean diet because additives, sweeteners, sugars and other chemicals can throw your body right out of balance.
19. Positivity: When you are in fear, think of something positive rather than something bad. Think of a positive outcome to your fear, or instead of failing horribly during a public speaking, imagine you were wildly successful!
20. Perspective: In order to deal with your fears, you must put in perspective your negative thoughts. Most people make a much bigger deal out of the negative than needs to be.
21. Release Control: Even though it is impossible to get, we all want predictability and control. We experience fear when we don’t have control. You will be free if you give up the illusion of control.
22. Help: Instead of being self-conscious, focus on helping people and be kind. In order to make yourself feel good, use it on other people.
23. Understand Failure: You can become free if you can realize it is not the end of the world if you experience failure. In fact, it is simply just a stepping stone towards success.
24. Explore the Root: In order to find the root of your fears, you may want to try some meditation.
25. Breathe: Breathing can help you overcome your worst fears and set you free. THIS is the most powerful way to overcome your fears.
Always remember, listen to your inner-self when you are facing fears. This is a learned skill that sometimes takes time to accomplish. But when you do, you will be able to get rid of those fears and hopefully for good!
STOP Depression & Anxiety
Get the #1
Long Distance Friendships
Venus & Mars: Men & Women
How to Leave Your Dead End Job
Discover Your Multiple Intelligences
Bring Your Sexual Passion To The Bedroom
Stress Relief & Relaxation Techniques
Depression: Just Take Advil & Aleve?
Can Meditation Help With Anxiety & Depression?