How To Get Your Next Job Promotion
Firstly, if you are looking into personal development, personality type, or psychological state management, you need to take a look at our free MP3 designed to 'tune' your brainwaves. To get it, click here.
Showing What You Can Do
You do your job exceptionally and faithfully every single day, so why is it that others, usually less deserving, receive a promotion and you’ve been stuck in the same position for years? People that have been promoted may just know one more critical thing that you are unaware of. Promotion isn’t about being the best “widget” out there or simply just doing what you are paid to do. To be promoted is about pushing limits of your position and showing that you are ready for new responsibilities because you have outgrown the current ones. Think about it this way. If you are busy producing more widgets each hour than anyone else has, why should you be promoted? It is clear that your efficiency is your value to the company and if you are promoted, the output of production may quickly fall! They want you on the line.
It may be a great strategy to focus what is simply expected of you to keep the job you currently have, but stretching yourself beyond expectation of your current role can lead to a job with more responsibility. Now, before you go on to quit being effective at your current position, remember, if it is your pursuit to be promoted, you must still perform well to meet the requirements of you current job. Identifying the ways to add more value to your job contribution is the key! Solving problems is what keeps organizations moving forward. You may just move forward if you discover ways of being more involved in solutions.
Understanding Your Organization
You must really understand your organization's primary drivers for success in order to prepare for being promoted. This means doing the RIGHT things, not MORE things.
Ask these questions to yourself:
· What do the strategic goals consist of for the organization?
· How does the work of your department fit in the strategy overall?
· How is the performance of your boss measured?
· What are the critical functions of other team members that they currently perform?
Lateral moves to different departments with similar positions might be a good idea in order to increase your appreciation overall for what the company does. You may be considered for promotional opportunities if you have a broader exposure. For example, if you feel there isn’t another place to go with your job if you’re a marketing manager, look to gain more experience within your company in other areas. Promotion to a higher level can become a realistic goal when you have the correct mix of skill and experience within the organization.
Increase Your Responsibility
Typically, managers delegate a variety of duties to their staff after they are given a certain responsibility for something. They do this so that they themselves can have more time to work on other higher-level tasks. You must get involved in the higher-level tasks.
You must first prove your capability of handing increased responsibility to gain access to these higher level tasks.
1. Complete your work with little supervision and as thoroughly as possible. While demonstrating individual competence, this also involves working well with a team.
2. Come prepared with some solutions, as well when you are going to your boss with questions.
3. Determine what you can learn in order to expand your skills and add more value, then create a plan to gain those skills. Also, acquire skills you will need for the new role once you find out what they are.
4. Make yourself aware of the pressures, business and economic, that face your organization.
5. When you carry out your responsibilities, use good judgment. Think about benefits versus cost, know how the company is being impacted by your role and review the bottom-line results.
6. Search for other lead position roles. This will assist you with practicing leadership skills as well as your ability to demonstrate taking on new responsibilities.
Do The Following
1. Volunteer to practice and learn other skills by taking on other responsibilities and new projects. For example, if your co-worker is on vacation, offer to cover the responsibilities.
2. In order to delegate work on your own, identify opportunities to free up your time to practice supervising other co-workers’ work.
3. Offer to take on the responsibilities or tasks that your boss is weak in or dislikes. You will make the job easier for your boss, as well as expand your knowledge and experience for a win-win situation!
Always think about ways to do things better in order to prepare for promotion, which is a very defining characteristic of a leader. How can you do something faster, less wasteful and cheaper? Consider the following:
1. Always use critical thinking when you are reporting to your boss. Think about how you can improve things instead of accepting them the way they are and come up with ways that are innovative to do it better.
2. After the big picture is understandable to you, incorporate it into your solutions and decisions.
3. Even if you are unsure of the response, put your ideas forward. This will demonstrate your willingness to taking a risk as well as your imagination. Many of your ideas will not be accepted, so be prepared for that.
Set Promotion Goals
You are ultimately the one who must proactively work to make the promotion happen. You will most likely end up disappointed if you rely on another person to make it happen. Use these steps to take action:
· Identify within the organization your career goals.
· Talk to others who hold the position or level of authority that you would like to find out how they got to where they are.
· Set goals after your evaluate your strengths to gain the necessary skills needed for success.
· Find a mentor within your company so you have someone to champion your ideas and to have someone available to talk to.
· Set the goal and FOLLOW IT COMPLETELY THROUGH!
Find ways to work around any obstacles you might run in to. Having a positive attitude goes a long way towards being noticed and reaching your goals!
Meditation MP3 (RELAX):
Click to Get the MP3
This is 100% real, and I am not asking you to click so that I may show you an 'Ad' or 'Clickbait'.
Meditation MP3 (RELAX)
Click to Get the MP3
What is the MP3?
This free MP3 is designed to train your brainwaves in order to more rapidly access a state of 'Mindfulness' and 'Meditation' - Most find this valuable for reducing Stress, Anxiety, and other challenging emotions.
Click to get the MP3
This Audio-Stimulation Technology is designed to evoke the brainwave states that are correlated with Calm, Relaxation, and Awareness. To get access, simply click below, and we will send the download link via email.
Meditation MP3 (RELAX)
Click for the MP3