How To Control Anger, Frustration, and Rage
Firstly, if you are looking into personal development, personality type, or psychological state management, you need to take a look at our free MP3 designed to 'tune' your brainwaves. To get it, click here.
From my perspective, anger is a basic human emotion that is neither good or evil. Anger can actually be a healthy expression of important feelings in some situations, and this is best exemplified by short term anger or frustration, because it comes and it goes without doing too much damage. Therefore, the anger is not necessarily a problem - Rather, anger only becomes a problem when you take action that is harmful to yourself or others.
Chronic and long term anger are two variants, and long term anger or explosive anger can adversely impact every part of your life. Chronic anger can also affect your physical and emotional health, but anger is suggestive of hidden problems such as buried sadness or sometimes even a mental disorder. Regardless of the cause, it's important to control your emotions.
7 Techniques for Controlling Anger
1. Break Time! The moment when you recognize that you are becomming uncontrollably frustrated or angery, walk away, go to a quiet place, and find a cup of decaffenated tea or cool water. Do what is necessary in order to remove yourself from the frustrating situation and calm down for a few minutes. This is important to do the instant that you recognize that you're angry, so take action to calm down.
2. Take deep, rhythmic breaths. Deep breaths will slow down your heart rate and cool down your body temperature. Take 10 deep breathes. Inhale through your nose, and exhale slowly out your mouth - Squeeze your lips together as though you are blowing on a cup of warm soup.
3. Vizualization. Close your eyes and imagine a place that you find relaxing. Vizualisation will help to calm your mind and manage your emotions. Anger is a difficult emotion to sustain if your mind is clear and focused.
4. Connect With Others. Connect with others through meaningful and heart-felt conversations, which can help you to process your feelings and reduce your frustration. Talk to someone who you can trust.
5. Positive Thinking. Positive thinking will help to boost your confidence and get you into a better frame of mind while prepping you to discuss your feelings in a positive and constructive way.
6. Laugh! Humor is a great release for the mind, body and soul. Humor also helps to manage negative feelings with a type of thought replacement.
7. Express Your Feelings Appropriately
Controlling Long Term / Chronic Anger
1. Exercise Regularly. Exercise helps to release positive neurotransmitters in the brain.
2. Change the way you think. Changing your thoughts can help you to see the situation from a different perspective. Use of thought replacement can help you to better manage feelings of anger.
3. Keep a journal. Writing down your feelings can help you to release your negative emotions without causing harm to yourself or your relationships. Keep your journal in a private place or even in a secured online site. This is important so you can be honest and open in your journal. Let your thoughts flow freely.
4. See a professional. If you feel that you can not manage your anger, seeing a professional therapist or psychiatrist can help you learn how to manage your anger in new ways. A psychiatrist may prescribe medication that can help to stabilize mood thus control anger, while a therapist can help you identify triggers and solutions for how to appropriately express your negative feelings.
- Kim B.
These strategies are based upon WikiHow's “How to Control Anger” article.
How to Control Anger. (n.d.). Retrieved January 19, 2015, from http://www.wikihow.com/Control-Anger
Meditation MP3 (RELAX):
Click to Get the MP3
This is 100% real, and I am not asking you to click so that I may show you an 'Ad' or 'Clickbait'.
Meditation MP3 (RELAX)
Click to Get the MP3
What is the MP3?
This free MP3 is designed to train your brainwaves in order to more rapidly access a state of 'Mindfulness' and 'Meditation' - Most find this valuable for reducing Stress, Anxiety, and other challenging emotions.
Click to get the MP3
This Audio-Stimulation Technology is designed to evoke the brainwave states that are correlated with Calm, Relaxation, and Awareness. To get access, simply click below, and we will send the download link via email.
Meditation MP3 (RELAX)
Click for the MP3