A Guide to Chakra Meditation
Firstly, if you are looking into personal development, personality type, or psychological state management, you need to take a look at our free MP3 designed to 'tune' your brainwaves. To get it, click here.
“Emotions always have their roots in the unconscious, but manifest in the body.”
~Irene Claremont de Castillejo
Never heard of chakra meditation? Well, join the masses. Truth-be-told, most people have not heard of this form of meditation. However, it is extremely good for your mind and body (i.e. anxiety, depression, phobias, high blood pressure, headaches/migraines, stress, and tension). In fact, it is a highly effective “de-stresser.” So, what exactly is a chakra? Well, it is ancient Eastern belief that suggests that your body consists of seven main chakras (i.e. energy centers), and that guided meditation (visualizations) can trigger and release positive energy into your life. This form of meditation has been used for centuries to eliminate stress, tension, and fatigue. It has also been used to support mental, physical, and spiritual health and well-being. So, if you are looking for more information on chakra mediation, you have come to the right place. This article will teach you what chakra meditation is and how to include it into your daily life.
If you are interested in practicing chakra meditation, you will need to educate yourself on chakras, in general. In other words, learn about the seven main chakras: the root chakra, which is located at the base of your spine; the solar plexus chakra, which is located between your chest and mid-abdomen (i.e. belly button); the naval chakra, which is located in at your lower abdomen; the throat chakra, which is located at the throat (i.e. Adam’s apple); the crown chakra, which is located at the top of your skill; the brow chakra, which is located on your forehead; and the heart chakra, which is located in the center of your chest (i.e. the heart region).
You will also need to know the various colors associated with chakra meditation, if you plan to practice it. The main (root) chakra is a reddish color, the solar plexus chakra is yellowish in color, the naval chakra is orangish in color, the throat chakra is bluish in color, the brow chakra has an indigo coloring, the crown chakra has a violet coloring, and the heart chakra is greenish.
You will also need to know the various properties associated with all of the chakras. To begin with, all seven chakras have a main function associated with them. For instance, the root chakra's property is " intuition," the solar plexus chakra’s property is "control," the naval chakra’s property is "sexuality," the heart chakra’s property is "adoration/love," the throat chakra’s property is " creativity/imagination," and the brow chakra’s property is "instinct/insight," and the crown chakra’s property is "knowledge/education."
Practice Chakra Meditation
· Find a private, distraction-free space to meditate in (i.e. no crying children, music, television, barking dogs, chatty spouses/partners, nosy co-workers, etc.). Lie or sit down on an oversized pillow or yoga mat. Note: You do not have to cross your legs with chakra meditation. Just keep your back straight (i.e. vertically or horizontally).
· Breathe deeply. Don’t worry about controlling your breathing, just as long as your breathing is not restricted.
· Can you feel the air rushing up your spine as you inhale? Can you feel it move down your spine as you exhale? If so, you are on the right path. Repeat this process, until you feel rejuvenated.
· Start with the main (root) chakra, and think about its reddish color. Can you feel its energy? If so, keep going. Move to the next chakra and repeat the process. Continue until you have thought about each chakra. Feel the energy associated with each one, until you feel energized and alive.
· If you have chakra crystals, use them to harness positive energy. These crystals will enhance the meditative process, and trigger and release your inner energy. Hold each crystal in your hand and feel its positive energy (power).
It is important to note that although a basic set of chakra crystals is inexpensive, the price will increase based on the quality of the crystal. Do not go over your budget purchasing chakra crystals, even if some “purists” try to convince you that higher quality crystals are imperative for the meditative process. Moreover, chakra meditation should not be substituted for physical and/or psychological medical care. If you experience a shortness of breath, excessive perspiration, severe fatigue, chest pain, fever, and/or short throat, contact your doctor immediately.
Healthy and yoga. (2015). Chakra meditation. Retrieved from http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/meditation/chakras.aspx
Holmes, S. (2015). Spiritual chakra meditations. About Religion. Retrieved from http://healing.about.com/od/meditationadvice/a/chakra_meditate.htm
The Quote Garden. (2015). Chakra meditation quotes. Retrieved from http://www.quotegarden.com/chakras.html
Meditation MP3 (RELAX):
Click to Get the MP3
This is 100% real, and I am not asking you to click so that I may show you an 'Ad' or 'Clickbait'.
Meditation MP3 (RELAX)
Click to Get the MP3
What is the MP3?
This free MP3 is designed to train your brainwaves in order to more rapidly access a state of 'Mindfulness' and 'Meditation' - Most find this valuable for reducing Stress, Anxiety, and other challenging emotions.
Click to get the MP3
This Audio-Stimulation Technology is designed to evoke the brainwave states that are correlated with Calm, Relaxation, and Awareness. To get access, simply click below, and we will send the download link via email.
Meditation MP3 (RELAX)
Click for the MP3